Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS 10.3.1 & 10.4 problems on Windows 10

02-29-2016 09:59 AM
AndreFabik
Deactivated User

Would be most grateful for any help here, I have worked with ArcGIS for eight years now and think I have tried all my options now.

In the last two months I have attempted an install of first ArcGIS for Desktop 10.3.1 and then 10.4 directly onto (the same) 64 bit Windows 10 machine. In both cases the installation has appeared successful, and the licences for Desktop and extensions are shown as available in ArcGIS Administrator (Desktop Advanced concurrent use, using 'localhost' as licence manager).

However, I cannot launch ArcCatalog or ArcMap. Map displays the opening window and text for initialising licence and initialising application, and then just freezes indefinitely on loading document. Catalog displays the opening window with no text. Both programmes almost immediately display not responding status in task manager upon attempted launch. I have conducted a number of clean uninstalls in between attempts (using CCleaner) and clearing the registry also, but nothing I have tried has been successful. My system meets all the required hardware and software specs.

What is most frustrating is that I have two other machines running Desktop 10.3.0, initially with Win 7 64 bit OS; these were upgraded to Win 10 64 bit and I was straight back in business with ArcGIS as if nothing had changed! As I said, any and all ideas gratefully received! Thanks in advance.

12 Replies
AndreFabik
Deactivated User

Further update, just started ArcScene. It will open a blank document (2mins!), but as soon as I try anything else (e.g. customise to add a toolbar) the program is instantly non responsive. The quest for answers goes on!

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It seems wise to log a case with Esri tech support. They would have a better look at all the constraints and resolve the issue.

Think Location
0 Kudos
ValerieHanson
Occasional Contributor

I've just loaded 10.4 myself.  ArcMap will open but I get "not responding" upon loading files or whatever it is trying to do.  Likewise, when publishing.... it takes eternity.  i moved from 10.1 to 10.4 since we upgraded with ArcGIS Server as well and I'm starting to wonder how wise that was.

0 Kudos