Identifier (GFID or ObjectID) is not unique

02-02-2014 05:40 AM
luigifalco
New Contributor
Dear All,
i'm extracting features using Production and Defense Mapping in ArcGIS 10.1. When I run the data reviewer checks I got several errors "Identifier (GFID or ObjectID) is not unique" among different feature classes of my MGCP feature dataset... What can I do to fix these errors? thanks

Luigi
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
Hello Luigi,

Is the message being returned from the UniqueID check or some other check?  You do not have to check the ObjectID for UniqueIDs since this is a system managed field.  ObjectIDs are only unique within a feature class or table, not the entire database.

Are you using one of the batch jobs that was provided with the Defense Mapping Solution or is this a batch job that you created?

michellej.
0 Kudos
luigifalco
New Contributor
Hi Michellej!
It is a message returned from the UniqueID check and yes i'm using  one of the batch jobs provided with the Defense Mapping Solution. It seems that the check works on the entire database because in the reviewer table I found record marked to have the same  OjectID though they belong to different feature classes .. what could be happened? thanks

Luigi
0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
I'm not that familiar with the Defense mapping solution, can you tell me which batch job you are using? I'm thinking the unique ID check may need to be updated to not check for ObjectID.
0 Kudos
luigifalco
New Contributor
I'm using the MGCP_TRD3_0 batchjobs. In the attached picture you can see which batchjobs I run...[ATTACH=CONFIG]31076[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
Hi Luigi,

I checked the batch job that had the UniqueID check.  It is not checking for the ObjectID.  I'm going to submit a request to update the message to remove ObjectID.

So you have some features with duplicate GFIDs.  You may want to check if they are duplicate features within the same feature class.  If so, you can delete one feature.  If not, then you would have to udpdate one of the feature's GFID.  Does Defense Mapping or Production Mapping have a tool to do that?

Regards,
michellej.
0 Kudos
JeremiahMoore
New Contributor
Hello Luigi,

Out of curiousity, what version of Defense Mapping are you working with. Earlier you stated that you are on ArcMap 10.1, but have you installed any service packs or updates? I was looking at the batch job that you are discussing here and noticed that the check changed at 10.1 Service Pack 1 QFE 1. The check that is causing the issue is the MGCP_TRD3_Duplication_Checks.rbj. 

That rbj is no longer checking the OID field of the feature classes rather it is making sure that the GFID field is unique for each feature. There should be two ways for you to test this; the first would be to edit the check so that it looks like the following image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31087[/ATTACH]

The second option would be to update your software to the latest version and test to see if this resolves the issue that you are seeing.

If you would like more direct contact please feel free to email me at jmoore@esri.com, I am part of the Defense Mapping team and would be able to provide support with this issue.

Thank you,
Jeremiah Moore
0 Kudos
luigifalco
New Contributor
Hi Luigi,

I checked the batch job that had the UniqueID check.  It is not checking for the ObjectID.  I'm going to submit a request to update the message to remove ObjectID.

So you have some features with duplicate GFIDs.  You may want to check if they are duplicate features within the same feature class.  If so, you can delete one feature.  If not, then you would have to udpdate one of the feature's GFID.  Does Defense Mapping or Production Mapping have a tool to do that?

Regards,
michellej.

In Production Editing Advance toolbar there is a tool "Populate GUID". I have run it and in fact no record was uptated... 

Hello Luigi,

Out of curiousity, what version of Defense Mapping are you working with. Earlier you stated that you are on ArcMap 10.1, but have you installed any service packs or updates? I was looking at the batch job that you are discussing here and noticed that the check changed at 10.1 Service Pack 1 QFE 1. The check that is causing the issue is the MGCP_TRD3_Duplication_Checks.rbj. 

That rbj is no longer checking the OID field of the feature classes rather it is making sure that the GFID field is unique for each feature. There should be two ways for you to test this; the first would be to edit the check so that it looks like the following image.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31087[/ATTACH]

The second option would be to update your software to the latest version and test to see if this resolves the issue that you are seeing.

If you would like more direct contact please feel free to email me at jmoore@esri.com, I am part of the Defense Mapping team and would be able to provide support with this issue.

Thank you,
Jeremiah Moore

Dear Jeremiah,  I'm using the 10.1 version of Defense Mapping and yes...I need to install the Service Pack 1! Hope this resolves the issue in the attached picture. I will let you know. Thanks!

Luigi
0 Kudos