Select to view content in your preferred language

Error in creating a Data Reviewer Session

04-25-2011 10:24 AM
Keillados_Reis_Ribeiro
New Contributor
Hi people,

I've configured a DataReviewer session , but every time I open the MXD it loses the setting and I need to point back to the multiuser geodatabase.
When I try to reconfigure get an error saying the table already exists. (see attach)

Thanks,
Keilla
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
Based on the error message, it looks like there may be a permission issue with the user who is trying to access the reviewer workspace.  Is the user who created the reviewer workspace initially different from the user who is trying to access it.  When that message occurs, it usually means that the user trying to access the reviewer workspace cannot see all of the reviewer system tables and Reviewer will try to recreate them with the user who is trying to access it.  It can't create it because there are already reviewer system tables in the SDE geodatabase.

Refer to the whitepapers for setting up a Reviewer workspace in SDE in this blog.
0 Kudos
Keillados_Reis_Ribeiro
New Contributor
Hi Michelle,

I have tried exactly how show the article:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/Storing_the_Reviewer_workspace_in_an_A...

But the error is the same. I'm using POSTGRE database and I didn't find any article using  DATA REVIEWER on POSTGRE. Are there any difference when I use POSTGRE database?

Thanks,
Keilla Ribeiro
0 Kudos
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I have logged a bug for this issue:

Bug Id: 10991
Title: Error occur when you try to connect to the reviewer session in PostgreSQL

At this moment we don't have any workaround for this issue so I would suggest you to please use file geodatabase for your reviewer workspace.
0 Kudos
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II
If you copy the reviewer Dataset and tables from an existing Reviewer workspace(file geodatabase) then there is no issue in connecting to the PostgreSQL database from Reviewer Session Manager and you can also create new session in it.
0 Kudos