Select to view content in your preferred language

Datareviewer results find errors involving OID 0

05-13-2015 09:13 AM
RonSantos
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2 (Advanced license) I am running topology rules checks in Data Reviewer and it is returning an error telling me that OBJECTID 0 in one of my feature classes is failing the "NO GAPS" rule. But there is no feature with  OBJECTID 0 feature in my data. Does anyone know why this would be coming up?

thanks

R

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Ron,

The Topology Rules check allows you to validate the features in a topology based on the rules that have been defined, then record the results in the Reviewer table. If you are running only this check then you can confirm the results by validating the topology in ArcMap.

Also you can try running invalid Geometry check on the feature class.

Thanks,

Kumar

0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

Hi Ron,

I was able to reproduce what you are describing.  My assumption is that it's reporting the "gap" and the "gap" does not have a feature associated with it, so there is no OID.  Maybe it should be reporting the surrounding features that's causing the gap; this maybe a limitation for Data Reviewer for this particular topology rule.

Also note that it ends up filtering all but one of the errors because the Review Status is the same for all errors because all errors will have OID of 0. But you can turn off duplicate filtering in the Advanced Data Reviewer Session properties.

You could try using Data Reviewer's Polygon Overlap/Gap is Sliver Check to find gaps in your polygon data.  Only caveat is that the Polygon Overlap/Gap is Sliver check will only find gaps between two polygons only.  If there is a gap between 3 or more polygons, then it will not report those issues.  (I've made several requests to have that check enhanced.)

Good Luck,

michellej.

Kumar Bhardwaj

0 Kudos
RonSantos
New Contributor II

Wouldn't it return a <null> OID?  Or is OID not nullable?

thanks

0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

I suppose maybe DR could call it a <null> instead of 0.

Anyway, if you run this check in DR, be sure to turn off duplicate filtering so it will write all of the errors to the Reviewer Table.

0 Kudos