DataReviewer Geometry check on String and Int

05-14-2015 08:07 AM
AbhinavSharma2
New Contributor

I just started using Data Reviewer and went to compare two feature classes. A polygon of Parcels and a feature class of Points of addresses. I want to compare the address to ensure the address number is the same where they are on top of each other. The problem is that the Address field in the Parcels Feature Class is a string whereas the Address Feature class is an integer. I need to be able to convert the Addresses field in the points feature class to String just for this check.

Let me know if you need anymore information.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Abhinav,

We can only compare same field types in compare attribute except ObjectID which can be compared to any integer field. So you can resolve this issue by storing the address number information for the feature classes in an integer field.

Thanks,

Kumar

AbhinavSharma2
New Contributor

What is the quickest way to convert the field? I would have to change the int to a string because the other feature class has some text values in the address field.

0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

I had to do this recently too for the same reason.  I just added a new text field to the table and did a bulk calculate.  You can do all this from the table dialog in ArcMap.

Adding fields—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Making simple field calculations—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos