Select to view content in your preferred language

zooming map from selection in table

Jump to solution
07-13-2023 09:09 AM
Labels (1)
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have a dashboard with a map that includes a polygon layer and a table where the polygon id are shown. If I click on an id in the table, the map zooms to the polygon, which is correct.

I have another flat table that also contain the polygon id. How can I make that when something is selected in this table, the map zooms to the polygon? I have the filter option action (which works), but not zoom.

mikAMD_0-1689259756701.png

Left side table is the same source as the polygons (layer). Bottom table is a flat table that contains a field that I can match to the layer. How to zoom ??

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikAMD
by

As suggested by jcarlson in another one of my questions, the trick is to have an element (in my case, a table) that has a geometry and then when clicking on a feature, it will zoom at that feature on the map, even if not present. So if you have a layer with the same geometry on the map, then it looks like it's zooming to that element, although it's technically a different source.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mikAMD
by

As suggested by jcarlson in another one of my questions, the trick is to have an element (in my case, a table) that has a geometry and then when clicking on a feature, it will zoom at that feature on the map, even if not present. So if you have a layer with the same geometry on the map, then it looks like it's zooming to that element, although it's technically a different source.

0 Kudos