Why is a feature not automatically selected when clicked in dashboard?

Jump to solution
02-09-2022 01:29 PM
Labels (1)
cpenling
New Contributor III

Is there a way to make clicking a feature automatically select it in dashboards? When I click a feature now the pop-up will be updated with that features attributes but none of my indicators will be updated.

In order to make my indicators change, I have to go to the pop-up and click the select button. I don't want to make users click two buttons in order to select a feature and have the indicators change to reflect that features attributes.

Wondering if there is a way to change this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bwilkinson
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately there is no option to allow for 'automated selection' directly in the map. Users can either click on a feature and then click 'select' within the pop-up window as you've mentioned, else use the select tool for either point, rectangle, lasso, circle or line selection options to change the indicators.

The select tool looks as like the following:

bwilkinson_1-1644465289798.png

Depending on how you are intending your dashboard to look, you could look at adding in a 'list' element which can be configured to automatically adjust indicators when you click on a feature/s within the list; which would achieve your desired effect albeit using a different method.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
bwilkinson
Esri Contributor

Unfortunately there is no option to allow for 'automated selection' directly in the map. Users can either click on a feature and then click 'select' within the pop-up window as you've mentioned, else use the select tool for either point, rectangle, lasso, circle or line selection options to change the indicators.

The select tool looks as like the following:

bwilkinson_1-1644465289798.png

Depending on how you are intending your dashboard to look, you could look at adding in a 'list' element which can be configured to automatically adjust indicators when you click on a feature/s within the list; which would achieve your desired effect albeit using a different method.

cpenling
New Contributor III

That's what I figured! Thanks for the response. 

0 Kudos