12-17-2019 03:16 PM
_____
by

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelAlejandro
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue with a hosted feature layer in AGOL. The layer settings allow for edits and also tried with the refresh interval turned on in the web map with no luck. The layer has no scale dependency. The symbology used is the "Counts and Amounts (Size)". When the layer is updated with new values that exceed the range of the original values, the new value out of the original range is not drawn. Have to open the web map and manually update the symbology every time for it to register the new range of values. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ian,

Did you set a refresh interval on the layer in the web map?

Set refresh interval—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MarkLane
New Contributor II

I'm having the same exact issue with web maps.  And I have set a refresh interval on both layers being edited in Collector.  Its so odd, I can zoom in and the feature changes symbology but when I zoom back out it changes back to the symbology used before the edit was made.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mark,

> Its so odd, I can zoom in and the feature changes symbology but when I zoom back out it changes back to the symbology used before the edit was made.

Have scale dependencies been set on the symbology for the data layers? I haven't heard nor seen this behavior before - can you please contact esri Tech Support so they can help investigate?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MichelAlejandro
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue with a hosted feature layer in AGOL. The layer settings allow for edits and also tried with the refresh interval turned on in the web map with no luck. The layer has no scale dependency. The symbology used is the "Counts and Amounts (Size)". When the layer is updated with new values that exceed the range of the original values, the new value out of the original range is not drawn. Have to open the web map and manually update the symbology every time for it to register the new range of values. 

0 Kudos