Unable to Export CSV Files Using an Embedded Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Dashboards

09-21-2021 02:50 PM
Labels (1)
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I noticed that when you embed a Web AppBuilder app in ArcGIS Dashboards using Embed Content, you are unable to export CSV files. When I attempted to export a CSV file using the Attribute Table Widget, ArcGIS Dashboards failed to download it. The file also does not even appear in the browser's downloads folder. Is anyone else having this issue, or is this a bug? A similar issue has already been posted and resolved by the Experience Builder Team. Wondering if there is a fix for this issue in ArcGIS Dashboards Please refer to the link below

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/unable-to-export-csv-files-using-a... 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rohit

4 Replies
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @RVG296 , are you trying to download data from a hosted feature layer or another layer item? The latest documentation outlines that CSV exports from dashboards can only occur with hosted feature layers with appropriate sharing and export allowances set. See link below.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/create-and-share/download-data.htm 

Hope this helps narrow down your search for a solution, great question!

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes, but here I am trying to download the data for the feature service which is published to ArcGIS Server. There is not an option to enable or export data in the feature service. I just added the feature service as an ArcGIS Web Service Item in ArcGIS Online. 

BensonZenda
New Contributor

Was this issue solved. I have a webapplication with a widget to download data. This data is published in Arcgiserver. This is data that i want to be downloaded by the public. It only works for someone logged on as administrator. However, in my case, I wanted data to be accessed by anonymous users of our system.

0 Kudos
EmilyMcLeanACTGOV
Occasional Contributor

Hi @RVG296

I'm having a similar issue with not being able to export a csv from a Web Experience (which is essential just the table widget) when it is embedded within a Dashboard. It looks like it's something to do with Dashboard blocking the request, because I was able to download the exact same data using the built-in Data Download function within a different Dashboard Element...

Emily
0 Kudos