Trouble with map placement within dashboard

Jump to solution
08-23-2021 01:39 PM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I'm replicating an existing dashboard (not hosted on my account) using the Portal's Webapp Builder for ArcGIS  Dashboard theme. I started with a dashboard that is a 3 x 3 grid of squares like this:

and cell 5 is the location of the map. What I want is to have the map expand so that it occupies cells 2,5, and 8 in the example above. I would then have 3 vertical widgets on each side of the map. I know this is possible but I can't get it to work. I deleted cells 2 & 8 in the layout modify section but I can't force that map cell to expand up or down and split cells 1/3 and 7/9.

What am I missing? Thanks!

Steve

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Nevermind. I finally figured it out and it wasn't intuitive. Starting with the 2x3x2 grid that I described, I drug the map panel to the bottom center of the bottom row to make a 3 panel bottom row. Next, I took panel 4 and drug it to the bottom of the lefthand side column. I then repeated this for panel 6 on the righthand side. Finally I repeated the same operation for the two panels on the top row of widgets.

As you shuffle the panels downard, it eventually "builds" the center map panel until it occupies the center position for all three rows of widgets.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Nevermind. I finally figured it out and it wasn't intuitive. Starting with the 2x3x2 grid that I described, I drug the map panel to the bottom center of the bottom row to make a 3 panel bottom row. Next, I took panel 4 and drug it to the bottom of the lefthand side column. I then repeated this for panel 6 on the righthand side. Finally I repeated the same operation for the two panels on the top row of widgets.

As you shuffle the panels downard, it eventually "builds" the center map panel until it occupies the center position for all three rows of widgets.