Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble with filter actions for fields that contain multiple semi-colon delimited values

01-11-2024 09:01 AM
Labels (1)
HaileyWright1
New Contributor III

Hi ESRI Community,

I’m not sure if I’ve got a bug, an idea, or if I’m simply missing something obvious but I'm trying to achieve the following:

Configure a category selector to list categories from a defined values list, that when selected, display records (in the map and list) that satisfy an expression using the contains operator as well filters the categories listed in my second category selector.

I can set the category selector to filter my map and list without issue from the actions tab, but I'm not seeing the option to filter my second category selector that is set up the same way as the first (with a defined values list and a contains operator). I noticed that when I switch the second category selector to obtain its categories from either features or grouped values, I can filter it from the first selector. But this lists the delimited data, not the desired distinct values.

Since I have fields with multiple delimited values, the defined values and the contains operator provide a really nice way to work with my data, except between selectors! How can I set an action between selectors that are configured this way?

InkedPicture3_LI.jpg

0 Replies