Stacked bar chart changes order of sub groups

Jump to solution
12-20-2018 12:35 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I have a panel in a dashboard showing the total orders completed by month in a bar chart. Each bar is divided into 3 sub categories showing total number of priorities. When I show all months the chart is stacked as

Priority 3 (red)

Priority 2 (orange)

Priority 1 (blue)

If I change to show a specific month the single bar re-arranges the sub categories seemingly randomly. For August I might get (starting from the top) red, blue, orange. For October it is orange, blue, red. I thought it might be ordering (ascending or descending) by the total number in each category but that is not the case.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to preserve the order?

all months stacked bar chart

aug stacked bar chart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

This has recently been identified as a bug (# 000122651). Can you please contact Esri Tech Support to share your information - this may help us with resolving the issue.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

This has recently been identified as a bug (# 000122651). Can you please contact Esri Tech Support to share your information - this may help us with resolving the issue.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek,

I contacted Esri Tech Support and shared my information. It was confirmed that the behavior I experienced falls under the same bug.

Mike

LStroupe
New Contributor III

Is there any update on when this issue might be fixed? We are still experiencing the random bar re-arranging when a user selects a different time period filter. I checked and couldn't find the bug (# 000122651) report anywhere on ESRI's website.