Select to view content in your preferred language

Serial Charts no longer able to filter map content

Jump to solution
04-15-2021 07:53 AM
OlyPowers
New Contributor III

In October I created a series of dashboards using Dashboards Beta for one of our departments. The feature they loved the most was being able to click on the columns in the serial charts, and have only those features show up on the map. The filter action between the serial chart and the map worked in October. Here I am in April now, trying to create another of these dashboards for another department. I have set up everything the same as I did the previous ones. However when I go to add the filter action for the serial chart, the map layer is not showing up as a target  at all. I have quadruple checked that the serial chart is using the correct data source. It is. I have recreated the serial chart several times. Finally I went back to dashboard that I know was working to find out that the filtering from the serial chart to the map is no longer working. When I go to the action panel in the chart, "The target element has a configuration issue" is showing up underneath the map layer target. Something has happened recently that's not allowing the map layers to be used as filter targets anymore. This is a great feature that a lot of people use to explore the data, why is it no longer working?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Amarz
by
Occasional Contributor II

@OlyPowers 

Hi there,

I am able to filter my Feature Layer inside my Dashboard using the Data > Group Values. The way I solved this was to verify my Web Map used in the Dashboard had Hosted Features Layers (not Map Image Layers) in it, and that the Serial Chart Frame > Configuration > Data > Layer: <your layer here> was pointing to the 'Layers from <your web map> map: <your layer here>.

That allowed me to go into Actions, and filter based on said layer.

Hope this helps you all.

My environment is Enterprise 10.9

Using Dashboards (not classic)

Using a Web Map created in Portal (not published from ArcPro)

TimothyRudzik
New Contributor III

We are having a similar issue with a feature service in a serial chart no longer filtering the map view after upgrading from 10.8.1 to 10.9.1.

As a clean test I published a new feature service (one layer), added it to a new Portal map as two separate instances (a copy) of the same feature service. I symbolized the first instance using unique symbols. I symbolized the second instance using Heat Map symbology.  I then created a new Dashboard (not using Classic). In the new Dashboard I created two serial charts, each pointing to a different instance of the same feature service. Both using categories from Grouped Values, and each with a filter action pointing at their respective feature service instance. 

The feature service instance using unique symbols filters the map as it should.

The feature service instance using Heat Map symbology DOES NOT FILTER the map.

Can anyone on 10.9.1 replicate this result? If so then maybe this should be listed as a breaking change for anyone upgrading to 10.9.1, as it worked fine in 10.8.1.

0 Kudos