Selection tool in Operations Dashboard map

12-07-2017 02:23 AM
KatyHaddock
New Contributor II

I have found this example dashboard in one of the recent blogs - http://esri.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/d7661e36aead42208f4faec23dc78235 .

This Dashboard has a selection tool in the map, is this in the new dashboards or coming soon?

Thank you,

Katy

14 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The selection map tool is currently available in the latest release of Operations Dashboard. To enable it, you must add an action to one or more operational layers in the web map. See this link for more information on actions.

KatyHaddock
New Contributor II

Hi Aaron,

Thank you, that is a great help.

Katy

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Where would one find this tool? I have Operations Dashboard, and I think it's current, but I see no selection tool. I do have a feature layer, rather than a map layer.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ooh. I didn't read all the way down. I applied an action to the layer and the selection tool appeared. Thanks for the information you have provided here.

0 Kudos
NSGICOrganization
New Contributor II

So how can I remove the select tool from my dashboard map if I don't want it?

Scott_Gowan
New Contributor II

Good question.  I want actions but don't need the interactive selection tool.

0 Kudos
CynthiaKozma
Occasional Contributor II

I currently have a selection tool in my dashboard that selects a precinct and returns the voting results for that precinct.  When the dashboard is launched, the selection tool is not active until a person first clicks the tool and then a precinct.  Is there a way to make the tool active on launch?  In case there are less computer savy people using the app that don't realize they need to activate the tool?  I have a message stating to do so, but was wondering if there was a way to have the tool ready to go as a backup?

MariaGiarrusso
New Contributor III

Hi Cynthia.  I'm also  trying to accomplish having the selection tool be active when the dashboard opens.  Were you able to make that happen?  Thanks.

CynthiaKozma
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Maria,

Wish I had better news, but I couldn't find a way to do this.  I ended up keeping the message at the top of the map to click the selection tool.  Maybe it will become available in one of the releases.