SDE Feature Service Performance Issue In Dashboard

09-19-2019 12:48 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have created a dashboard which looks at data that has been published to my SDE. The SDE feature service contains 2 polygon layers and 1 point layer. My 2 polygon layers are being drawn out but are filtered down with the initial startup of the dashboard. My point layer is considered "big data" of which I have turned off visibility and am primarily only interested in the attribute information. The dashboard contains a number of widgets which filter out the attribute information from the point layer and some information from the polygon layer.

My problem is, when I load the dashboard for the first time, only a handful of the widgets will load with the desired information while the remaining widgets will keep spinning and eventually returns a "cannot access data error". If I go to refresh the page, it appears the service times out as no data will load and at times the widgets state they have not been configured. When I do get all the widgets and data to load, I am able to filter and run through the widgets without issue. 

Is there some publishing settings or server setting I should be looking at to improve my initial startup? Or increase the performance of large datasets overall?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting Kyle, I have a few questions for you:

Data Storage:

Are you using a Query Layer or DBMS view for the feature layers? Or are they both registered with the geodatabase as a feature class?

Widget:

Does the filter on the point and polygon persist? Or are these filtered attribute fields intended to be toggled by the end-user?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Data Storage:

I had it initially set up as a DBMS view but could not get anything to load properly. I believe this was caused either by the fact the original table is accessed through a linked server or the view design. All layers now are registered with the geodatabase which I will update from the views (not ideal, but it seemed to work allot better).

Widget:

The filtered attribute fields is intended for the end-user. My initial filter is set to focus on the primary data (focus point) of which the user is able to expand outward from there when needed. 

-Kyle

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks! Is it specific to any types of widgets? Can you share how many features and fields per layer?

cc:Jill Edstrom

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't say it is a specific widget but more times than not it is occurring on an indicator widget. The primary layers include a polygon feature with 30,180 records and 6 fields and a point feature with 2,173,218 records and 18 fields.

0 Kudos
ChristianWells
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Kyle, I'm not sure that we'll be able to get this resolved here without doing a bit of logging and tracing. Would you mind if we get you connected with Technical Support? I'll happily have a case created for you and have someone reach out. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That would be great thanks.

0 Kudos