reconfigure dashboard again after overwrite entire layer

05-02-2021 07:02 PM
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

I'm using operation dashboard in Portal for ArcGIS (ArcGIS Enterprise). The hosted feature layers need to be updated as there are changes in the attribute value of the features. So, in the hosted feature layer overview tab, I click the overwrite entire layer in the 'update data'. Though the hosted feature layers are now updated, I need to configure the operation dashboard again as the settings are now lost. 

Is there any way to safely update the data without the need to configure the dashboard again ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Did you change the names of the Fields?

Were the filters in your Dashboard based on specific values for the attributes?

You should be able to change thousands of values and not need to republish. Unless you changed the core of the features being published.

But even then you should be able to over write the feature service without disrupting anything. Unless you changed Domains, Field Names, etc.

0 Kudos
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

Sorry for taking the time in replying to you. Not sure whether I changed any field names. But I realized something. Recently I overwrite a layer and it doesn't require me to configure the dashboard again. The layer was prepared in a database with no changes in the field names just changes in the attribute value. During the time I posted the question, the layer was not prepared in a database.

So, maybe I do not have to configure the dashboard again if the data was published from database & not changing the data structure (like you said)?

0 Kudos