Pan and Zoom using Category Selector in Op. Dashboard

Jump to solution
02-04-2019 07:16 AM
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

I've got an Operations Dashboard with a web map, and a Category Selector pointing to ~12k point features spread across the City of Fort Collins.

The Category Selector is configured to filter the data by subtype.

I'd like the map in the dashboard to pan and zoom to the filtered features as I change subtypes using the Category Selector.

Unfortunately, I don't see the map as a target here on the Category Selector, I only see the other dashboard elements:

I feel like I'm missing a simple step somewhere since I can't figure out how to get the map to pan and zoom as I filter the data...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Was the Category Selector configured with Categories from Grouped or Defined values? If so, the only action available is Filter.

However, if the Category Selector is configured with Categories from Features, that allows the geometry of the features to be exposed for the target element and actions such as Zoom, Pan, Flash etc. are allowed.

• Note: When the source selector is configured for Categories from Features, the feature's geometry is available to Operations Dashboard and a spatial filter can be applied to the target element

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

bump.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Was the Category Selector configured with Categories from Grouped or Defined values? If so, the only action available is Filter.

However, if the Category Selector is configured with Categories from Features, that allows the geometry of the features to be exposed for the target element and actions such as Zoom, Pan, Flash etc. are allowed.

• Note: When the source selector is configured for Categories from Features, the feature's geometry is available to Operations Dashboard and a spatial filter can be applied to the target element

0 Kudos

Thanks Claire. The Category Selectors are configured to use with Categories From Grouped Values:

I've applied a Filter using the Bulb type.

Categories from Features won't work here as I'm wanting groups.

Thanks for your input!

0 Kudos