Operations dashboard tabs

Jump to solution
10-11-2019 11:04 AM
DarrylKlassen1
Occasional Contributor II

I have an operations dashboard that has 4 tabs in it.  Is it possible, through URL Parameters, to open the 2nd, 3rd or 4th tab by default?  I would like to create URL's for each of the 4 tabs different people can open different tabs by default.  I know I could create 4 dashboards, but I would like to avoid this if possible.

Thanks

Darryl

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

you can only set one default.  So the end result is  you will have to make four dashboards.

We have been through this myself and we figured out the best practice was to teach people how to select the tab they want.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

you can only set one default.  So the end result is  you will have to make four dashboards.

We have been through this myself and we figured out the best practice was to teach people how to select the tab they want.

DarrylKlassen1

Thanks Robert.  What someone is asking me for is having this dashboard on a large TV in a common room, and scroll through the different tabs.  My IT says they can scroll through different URLs, but since these are in different tabs with the same URL, I was hoping to create a work around.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I get it now, that's a whole new set of issues

We have the same exact set up with monitors all over the building. We show power output (electric), our weather widget, and several other dashboards. But they are showing things from different dashboards.

DarrylKlassen1

Exactly, but apparently you can have them scrolling through different pages.  Thanks for you advice on this.  I will tell them, at least for now, that it is not possible unless we create separate dashboards.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I'd really like this functionality too, so please upvote the idea I made for it

0 Kudos