Operations Dashboard not fully configured

02-03-2020 05:12 AM
Pianos_GeraldManjera
New Contributor II

Any one with an idea of what causes the 'not fully configured' message and how to fix it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Danielle_Papineau
Occasional Contributor II

Another odd thing to mention.... Kanin Sangcharoenvanakul

When I try to access the hosted table details page from the dashboard (via element > select layer), the page opens.  When I click on the Data tab, the table does not populate and I set a "There was an error" message.

So I overwrote the data (update data > overwrite entire layer), and pointed to the csv file.  Overwrite was successful; I can see data via the Data tab.  I can add this to a new dashboard, configure a new element, and everything works fine. But then I navigate to the Data tab again (via element > select layer > info, on the new dashboard), and now get the same error message in AGOL.  I cancel out of that configuration, refresh the dashboard, and now the element is Not Fully Configured again.

Danielle_Papineau

I can also bring the hosted table into a web map and see data in the attribute table, but can't see the data in the item details > data tab. Kanin Sangcharoenvanakul

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi Danielle Papineau‌,

Thank you for the information. Could you try recreating the Dashboard from scratch/from the beginning? I am assuming the issue is related to the underlying configurations.

If this does not fix the issue you are facing, I would think it would be best to contact Technical Support directly.

Kind regards,

Kanin

Danielle_Papineau

I have already created a new test dashboard and pointed to the service (basically to test if it was the existing dashboard or the service).  It was working fine at first, but then returned the Not Fully Configured message on the elements.  The problem seems to be with the service, not the dashboard.  To test this, I uploaded the csv again and published a new hosted table.  I  tested again with a new test dashboard, then reconfigured my existing dashboards to point to this new service.  Not a great solution, but it was quicker than trying to figure out what went wrong here.  I just hope that it doesn't happen again! 

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Danielle,

I'm sorry to hear about your configuration issues with Dashboard. FYI, on Feb 3 - ArcGIS Online's hosted feature services were experiencing some intermittent issues.

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard

Perhaps this might have been related to your issue(s)? Is everything working "normal" now?

0 Kudos
Danielle_Papineau

Hi Derek,

Thanks, but I was still having issues on Feb 4th, so I'm not sure this was the problem.  I just checked the original hosted table (Feb 5th) and it is still not displaying data in the Data tab. And still having the same behavior today... new dashboard, added element, point to hosted table, populates fine, go to Data tab, no data, refresh dashboard > Not Fully Configured.

It seems like it's behaving as if there is an inconsistency with the schema, but there wasn't any change made....Plus, the data is available until I try to access it via item details > Data tab.

I'd like to know what caused this (so I don't repeat it), but I've already published a new table and reconfigured my dashboards to point to it.  The only other thing that I can think of is that I changed the name of the service, but I didn't think that this would matter.  (I had even changed it back, but that didn't do any good.)

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Danielle,

> ... And still having the same behavior today... new dashboard, added element, point to hosted table, populates fine, go to Data tab, no data, refresh dashboard > Not Fully Configured.

Sorry to hear this. Can you please contact esri Tech Support and open an incident so they can help you investigate further?

> The only other thing that I can think of is that I changed the name of the service, but I didn't think that this would matter.

No, this shouldn't impact your feature layer.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Pianos_GeraldManjera
New Contributor II

For me when I refreshed this page for the hosted table, all the details appeared

0 Kudos
DPS_GIS_COORD
New Contributor II

I'm having a similar problem. Would changing just the field alias have an affect on its ability to "find" the field?

0 Kudos
Pianos_GeraldManjera
New Contributor II

thanks Danielle, but it is the 'happening again part' that I decided to hunt for a lasting solution on this forum...

0 Kudos