Operations Dashboard - map service layer

04-23-2018 07:56 AM
Roxana_ElenaUrdea
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I am using Operations Dashboard (from my AGOL account) and a correlated Web Map. I noticed that if you use map services as layers on web map, the layer list inside OD app doesn't refresh on changes.

For example, I added a map service layer inside my web map, from which I removed different layers. Although I saved the map I still see the removed layers inside Operation Dashboard app.

Has anyone run into the same issue?

Thank you!

Roxana

5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Roxana,

> I noticed that if you use map services as layers on web map, the layer list inside OD app doesn't refresh on changes. ... For example, I added a map service layer inside my web map, from which I removed different layers. Although I saved the map I still see the removed layers inside Operation Dashboard app.

I am not seeing this behavior. When I apply changes to the web map, they are reflected in the Map element in Operations Dashboard.

Can you verify that your saved the web map correctly? Perhaps clear the web browser cache?

Hope this helps,

Roxana_ElenaUrdea
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your answer!

I confirm that the map is correctly saved after every change. I also tried to clear the web cache with no results.

In my webmap I have both feature services(that comes from map services) and map services (grouped layers). Here is an example of my map layer list:

• Layer: Customers (feature service layer that comes from a map service)
  • Layer: POI (feature service layer that comes from a map service)
  • Group Layer: Territory (this is the map service that contains like 10 layes)

So, although I remove 3 of 10 layers, I still see them inside Operations Dashboard. 

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thank you!

Roxana

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Roxana,

In reviewing this item further, I think the behavior you're seeing might be related to a bug:

> Map Service with sub-layers removed from webmap, still show in layer visibility map tool #1245

Can you please contact Esri Tech Support and open an issue so we can get repro steps to investigate further?

Thanks,

LindsyHales_Bentley
New Contributor III

Is there an update to this question?  I am also having the same issue.

Thanks!

DerekLaw

Hi Lindsy,

Can you please contact Esri Tech Support and open an issue so we can get repro steps to investigate further?
The item is still open, but shows as low priority.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos