Operations Dashboard Install Error

Jump to solution
10-01-2015 11:39 AM
MarkMcCart
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to install Operations Dashboard on my machine. I am running Windows 7 64-bit and confirmed that I have .NET 4.5.2 installed. I get the following error in the error log (attached):

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of C:\Users\mmccar2\Downloads\OperationsDashboard (3).application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ File, CoherentUI_Host.exe, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [10/1/2015 12:04:06 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)

- File, CoherentUI_Host.exe, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyComponents()

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

Any suggestions on how to get this installed?

Thanks,

Mark

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You might have firewall security rules that prevented all files from being downloaded.  This is what happened when a few users at my organization tried to download an older 32 bit version of the app.  We had to have IT change a firewall rule to download all necessary files.  I'm not saying this is your problem, but I did encounter this issue with OD.

Have you been able to successfully download previous OD versions?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You might have firewall security rules that prevented all files from being downloaded.  This is what happened when a few users at my organization tried to download an older 32 bit version of the app.  We had to have IT change a firewall rule to download all necessary files.  I'm not saying this is your problem, but I did encounter this issue with OD.

Have you been able to successfully download previous OD versions?

0 Kudos
MarkMcCart
Occasional Contributor

This is our first attempt at downloading and using the Operations Dashboard. Thanks for the tip. I'll look into the firewall settings.

0 Kudos
MarkMcCart
Occasional Contributor

I've confirmed with our IT folks that the firewall is letting everything through. Attached is the error I get in Fiddler.Ops Dashboard Error.png

0 Kudos