Operations Dashboard Indicator Font Size

04-08-2019 11:00 PM
Kim_SiangAng1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have set all my Indicators with same font size, however, the fonts were displayed in different sizes on dashboard. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks.

Please see attached image. 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
GarethBaker1
Occasional Contributor III

This seems to be a function of how long the words are that you're entering in the indicator e.g. operating licence is a lot smaller than safety. Definitely find this frustrating as it also messes up the alignment across different indicator boxes. Would also be good if you could specify the sizes of the indicators in percentage terms rather than having to drag them manually to try and get them the same size.

0 Kudos
Kim_SiangAng1
New Contributor III

Do you have any idea how can I change or set the font size?

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

I am trying to revive this thread without creating a new one.

Does anyone have an idea?

Everytime a value changes the font alignment is lost.

0 Kudos
AnnieDing
New Contributor

Any solution on this topic?

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

Unfortunately I don't think so, I keep on struggling with sizing: every time that a value changes my dashboard is a mess.😑

Unless something has been done on the new Dashboard Beta.

0 Kudos
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

Any solution on this topic? It's so frustrating! It messes up the alignment across different indicator boxes especially when one indicator displays "No Data" label and another indicator displays data.

0 Kudos
BrennanSmith1
New Contributor III

One potential solution that worked for us - use the ArcGIS Online Assistant to edit the JSON of the dashboard directly.  Find the "indicatorWidget" code block for each indicator you want to edit, and then manually set the fontSize of the topSection, middleSection, bottomSection lines as needed.  Make sure you don't have advanced formatting turned on, or I don't think it will work.  Maybe start with smaller font sizes (like 20) and work your way up to find the desired size.

YossiZachar
New Contributor

This was so helpful! And so easy, I didn't even know that there is a possibility modify the source code of Dashboard.

0 Kudos
DanielLeónPacheco
New Contributor II

Hello thank you very much for this option, I think it can work. When I enter the Json of the element it does not allow me to edit the text size. Could you explain me how to edit from the json?

0 Kudos