Operations Dashboard functionality with offline data

04-11-2019 05:23 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello everybody!

I would like to have an Operations Dashboard that uses data that is not published but in a local gdb. Is that somehow possible? The layer I would like to show the infographics / indicators for has over 6 million parcels and would eat up all the credits if we publish it and it is not needed to share this data with anybody since it is used for local monitoring only. But all solutions I can think of require a web map with published data. 

I thought I could create some graphs in ArcPro to somehow "copy" the functionality but the options here are too limited. 

Any hint would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

> I would like to have an Operations Dashboard that uses data that is not published but in a local gdb. Is that somehow possible?

This is not a supported workflow. Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS is designed and meant to work with web maps, feature and map services. It does not directly access locally stored data.

An idea: you could copy the data from your file geodatabase into an enterprise geodatabase, then access that data via a query layer (stored in a map service) - this might meet your needs.

Using query layers in Operations Dashboard 

Hope this helps,