Operation View in browser - Summary Count widget shows (null)

03-18-2014 06:26 AM
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III
Hi.

I downloaded the latest version of the Operations Dashboard, and created a very simple Operation View. I did add the Summary Widget, where I do a count on features. I am not using any Filter on the Data Source. The Data Source is a point featureclass.
I only want to show the number of features. Simple 🙂

It works well using the Desktop application.

But when I open the Operation View in a browser, the Summary Widget only shows (NULL)...

Is this a known bug ?
0 Kudos
29 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
I'm unable to reproduce this. Could you share the map you are using with me, as well as the operation view? The easiest way to do that is to create a group and invite kylie_org.

Is the point feature layer hosted, or coming from your ArcGIS for Server? If from ArcGIS Server, what version is it?
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III
Kylie,

I have invited you to a new group and I have shared the map and operation view.

The point layer is hosted on my ArcGIS Server, and it is running 10.2.1. But you will reach the service 🙂

Please remember that we are using Norwegian Regional setting, with comma as a decimal symbol 🙂

Kjetil
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
Ah ha! Thanks for sharing, I was able to see the problem and identify what is going on. You are using a map service... in this initial release, the browser version doesn't support using a map service as a data source. You'll need to use a feature service as the data source in the browser. We're working on adding support to the browser for using map services as data sources.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III
I tried to use a Feature Service as Data Source, but I still have the same problem. I have created a new operation view for you in the same group.
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
I can reproduce it with your feature service. I tested again using one of my own feature services, and I don't see it with that one. I created an operation view with your feature service and I do still see the same thing. We'll look into it! Thanks!
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
We have figured out where the problem lies, and we are looking into where a fix is needed and how to best do so. I will keep you posted!
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
We have confirmed that it is a bug and are working on a fix. The details are that server's response case doesn't match the case that was requested.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
I can't seem to access the test case you made for me, but in our testing this is now fixed. Please let me know if you are still seeing issues.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III
Kylie: I am sorry for not giving you feedback earlier.... Its been crazy busy ....

I did test this, but the count is not correct using the browser. In Desktop the count = 20. This is correct. In the browser, the count is = 24. ....

I did also add a Layer Filter, and this also do return different counts.

You should still have access, because it is shared with the group, and you are still a member of this group.

Kjetil
0 Kudos