Need Help with a Serial Chart (Group Chart)

Jump to solution
08-31-2023 09:30 AM
Labels (1)
JeffSilberberg
Occasional Contributor III

Trying to build a Serial Chart with three Axis -- 

The vertical Axis is Temperature in degrees F. The horizontal is Time and there are five stations reporting, so five colored lines.. 

I have read this a few times, https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/latest/get-started/serial-chart.htm specifically the Group Chart section but not having any luck getting something like this to appear..

JeffSilberberg_0-1693499281528.png

Does anyone have any better examples /documentation on how to get this result? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

Try this:

In the Data tab of the Serial Chart, group by date and split by reporting station. Set the statistic to high, avg, or low and the field below the statistic to temperature.

In the Series tab, set stacking to off (the default) and type to Line (or Smoothed Line).

Chip 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

Try this:

In the Data tab of the Serial Chart, group by date and split by reporting station. Set the statistic to high, avg, or low and the field below the statistic to temperature.

In the Series tab, set stacking to off (the default) and type to Line (or Smoothed Line).

Chip 

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg

Thank you for the quick reply -- 

But no joy yet.   Statistics does not give me these options -- and really I want to plot the actual Value at that point in time.  So I chose High -- Also the Lines are more blobs than lines -- lastly, even though I see all more data in the Item detail for the Layer the Chart now indicates no data.  

JeffSilberberg_0-1693502622408.png

0 Kudos
JeffSilberberg

I almost have this working, Support is looking at an issue where the Filtering by Date/Tiime seems to be broken.  But following your suggestions and then setting the Data Points to correct values the lines do plot as I hoped they would, although the time slider/filter is not what I expected here maybe it will work better when support comes up with an answer.  

Thank you - 

0 Kudos