Select to view content in your preferred language

Layer criteria for visual element

04-25-2022 01:15 PM
DevlinHutchins
Emerging Contributor

Hello -

I am trying to create a dashboard on top of a hosted feature service created by Survey123. I have done this hundreds of times. I am now getting a "Layer 'Expense Sheet' does not meet the necessary criteria to be used for this visual element." Any ideas on what to adjust to get it to spit out to dashboard. thanks!

5 Replies
KoenVermeulen
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

here I am just trying to get familiar with my first dashboard to design, based on data acquiered from Survey123. But starting up I have the same message: "Layer '<doc name>' does not meet the necessary criteria to be used for this visual element."
If anybody knows how to solve this, thanks!

0 Kudos
DevlinHutchins
Emerging Contributor

I am not sure of your instance but I know if you utilize fieldworker or another similar layer, it will throw up that error. Make sure you use a view of the hosted feature service or of the stakeholder feature service. Thanks!

KoenVermeulen
Emerging Contributor

Thanks for your reply Devlin! 
In our case it was about sharing the rights to look into the survey data with ourselves and the dashboard to be made.

Sounds obvious that creators have access to the data, which is nearly allways the case. But apparently when the same creator creates another app using survey data, some boxes need to be ticked, for the standard is that access is disabled.

LS1
by
Emerging Contributor

I'm getting the same error - trying to use a layer that is shared publicly. Is that the issue?  I don't see any boxes or settings to check on the feature layer?  I think it's because public layers are cached??? Is there any way to create a dashboard on public survey??

0 Kudos
NicKeller
New Contributor

I was having this same issue and here's how I solved it:  I went to the Settings of the Feature Layer in question and selected 'Editors can see all features.'

In my case, I have a Survey123 that generates geopoints, which I'm displaying on a map in my Dashboard.  The points on the map showed up fine, but when I tried to add any kind of element and chose the Feature Layer, I would get that error message you posted about.  I've built this same tool 3 times now (for different instances of survey deployment) and yet I never learn this lesson. Maybe posting about it hear will help me remember it next year XD