Latest Version & Proxy

11-18-2013 05:34 AM
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
At the last version of OD, we could use a workaround to get through our company proxy server by editing the OperationsDashboard.exe.config file.  Simply change "false" to "true" in:
defaultProxy enabled="true"

This morning, I installed the latest version of OD and got this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29163[/ATTACH]

So, I uninstalled OD, following the multiple posts about properly deleting the contents of the "2.0" folder, and reinstalled OD.  I still get the same error: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.  In checking the config file, the default Proxy setting is already enabled.

I have not been able to find any directions to login to OD, or for use with a proxy.

Could someone give me some help?

Thanks,
--Adam
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi Adam,

I believe the line you changed previously to get through the proxy was; useDefaultCredentials="true".

Do you have a machine that is running 10.1.1.142 version of the Operations dashboard that still can get through your proxy server?
Have you tried to install the 10.2 version on another system that never had Operations Dashboard installed on it?
To get the ball rolling could you please log a support ticket and provide as much information regarding your environment.

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
I believe the line you changed previously to get through the proxy was; useDefaultCredentials="true".

Yes, correct.  That is a part of the change that I missed, although I had to also change the other setting.  In the new version, both are set to true.

Do you have a machine that is running 10.1.1.142 version of the Operations dashboard that still can get through your proxy server?

My machine running 10.1.1.142 was able to get through the proxy without issue minutes before I upgraded.  Another machine could do the same before upgrade (before I could stop him from upgrading).

Have you tried to install the 10.2 version on another system that never had Operations Dashboard installed on it?

No, I have not been able to do this.

To get the ball rolling could you please log a support ticket and provide as much information regarding your environment.

I can log a support ticket.  Here is a little about our system....

We use a proxy called Bluecoat.
It uses authentication via Active Directory (AD).
We have AD Group Policies push out the proxy settings to desktops.
If the desktop does not have these settings, it will not be able to access the Internet.
If applications need to access the Internet and do not use the proxy settings, they will not work.
0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Thanks Adam. After you get the support number could you email it to me.
cghostine@esri.com

-Carol
0 Kudos
JeffRyan3
New Contributor II
Has there been any resolution to this issue?  I, too, am having the same problem even after re-installing Operations Dashboard.
0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi Jeff,

I would suggest anyone who is experiencing proxy issues with Dashboard please log a support ticket with as much details about your setup and network. This information will come into the correct channels of support so that we can start to address the issue.

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi All,

We have pushed an update to address the proxy issue today. Please see this link for details.
http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2014/01/24/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis-10-2-update-1-released

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos