internal Ops Dashboard asking for credentials

12-16-2019 07:12 AM
TomManson
New Contributor III

We're using Ops Dashboard in Portal 10.7.1, and frequently get asked to enter credentials (see attached). Refreshing the page removes the dialog box, but it reappears after a varying amount of time. All of the data is hosted by ourselves, other apps within Portal work without asking for login info, and ownership/sharing doesn't change anything. Has anyone else experienced this, and/or knows how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

Something to check: has anonymous access been disabled in your Portal instance?

Please see this help topic to check,

Disable anonymous access—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
TomManson
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

I’ve checked our settings, and anonymous access is already disabled both in Portal and IIS. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

• What are your Portal for ArcGIS security/authentication configuration settings?
  • Is the source data in the dashboard hosted in Portal (e.g., hosted feature layers) or from another source? If the latter, what kind of security is enabled?
  • Can you record the web traffic when you try to open the dashboard with something like Fiddler or Wireshark?
0 Kudos
TomManson
New Contributor III

Hi,

We use IWA, and I think our issue is addressed here:

https://community.esri.com/thread/245429-ops-dashboard-token-expiration

as mentioned by John.

Many thanks for your help – much appreciated.

Tom

JohnSolly4
Esri Contributor

Hey Tom,

Just wanted to jump in here with some thoughts. Is your Enterprise portal protected by Web Tier authentication (like PKI, IWA, SAML)? If so, we had several bugs with that sign in prompt coming up unnecessarily. We have just fixed the issues, but they will only be going into 10.8.1

If you are indeed using web tier authentication, you might want to chat with Brian in this thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/245429-ops-dashboard-token-expiration 

It sounds like he has some temporary solutions that might help you with this.

If at all possible, I would try to hold on until your organization can upgrade to 10.8.1 and then see if that resolves the issue. 

-John

TomManson
New Contributor III

Hi there,

Yep, this seems to be the problem.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Tom

0 Kudos
TomManson
New Contributor III

Derek,

Looks like this is the issue, so we’ll have to wait. I will however contact Brian to use his fix.

Thanks,

Tom