"Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue."

Any ideas why this might be happening?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
PatrickThompson
New Contributor
Error details:

"ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [1/20/2014 10:47:11 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
  - File, ArcGISRuntime10.2.zip, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
  - Source: System.Deployment
  - Stack trace:
   at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyComponents()
   at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
   at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)"
0 Kudos
AnargyrosTomaras
New Contributor III
Hi Patrick,

Did you start getting this error after upgrading the Operations Dashboard App?
0 Kudos
AnargyrosTomaras
New Contributor III
Can you also try deleting everything under the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0" folder.
0 Kudos
ZdenekJankovsky
New Contributor

Hi all, now I have very similar problem with the last release of Operations Dashboard. I am installing on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

After downloading whole package I get this "Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue." error. Detailed log is attached.

I delete everything from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\ folder and from registry according to 41798 - Cannot install Operations Dashboard, but nothing helped.

Thank in advanced.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

My organization had a firewall rule that prevented some of the setup files from being copied onto the network where the machine was located.  I cannot remember the specific errors, but I believe there was a 500 error code that was an indication that the file did not pass through fire wall rules.

Just something to check.

0 Kudos
ZdenekJankovsky
New Contributor

Well, this seems to me like a good point: from manifest file it looks like that the file CoherentUI_Host.exe is downloading separately - from this point of view it make sense.

How to get the Dahboard on the computer?

0 Kudos
ZdenekJankovsky
New Contributor

So, I installed Operation Dashboard on another computer and then copy whole folder with name "oper...app_f464941b06bea132_000a.0003_790a069f1fec1fdc" to the first one (to the same hash folders names). Now OD is possible to start.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are you downloading the latest OD version?  I ask because I believe it is a 64 bit application now, so are computers you are downloading the OD app to have 64 bit operating systems?

0 Kudos