Have value of Indicator be source for gauge to show percentage

Jump to solution
03-04-2022 08:17 AM
Labels (1)
KurtBarclay
New Contributor II

I have a dashboard that has numerous indicators and gauges.  When use one of the filters the map and all elements change.  My problem is that i have the gauges are being calculated map layers entire dataset instead of the filtered subset.

specifics:

Map is showing 6 counties of Bridge Conditions (Good/Fair/Poor).  I have an indicator and gauge for each condition.  When no filters are applied all elements show correct values.  When I apply a filter the indicator values change and reflect the correct filtered value.  The gauges are always being calculated for the entire 6 county dataset.  

example:  All Counties Bridges = 299 // All Counties Poor Bridges = 101 so Gauge shows 34% ((101/299)*100)

When I apply a single County Filter - Total Bridges =51 // Poor Bridges = 10; I want the gauge to shows ~19.6% but it calcs the percentage to be ~3.3% ((CountyFilteredSubset / AllCountiesTotal#)*100) ((10/299)*100))

Appreciate any assistance.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you have an indicator with a reference value, your filters need to act separately on the reference as well. Open the configuration of the county filter, and you should be able to add additional filter actions to target the references.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When you have an indicator with a reference value, your filters need to act separately on the reference as well. Open the configuration of the county filter, and you should be able to add additional filter actions to target the references.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
KurtBarclay
New Contributor II

Josh,

That worked perfectly!  Thank you!

Enjoy your weekend.

Regards,

Kurt

0 Kudos