Gauges not showing correct reference when grouped

02-06-2019 01:25 PM
NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

I've been having some difficulty with gauges in my dashboard. When ungrouped, they would occasionally show incorrect visual references when the dash was first loaded, but corrected themselves after a refresh. While grouped (shift+click+drag), they consistently show incorrect references, despite displaying correctly while still in the dashboard editing interface.

Below are two examples from the editing interface, showing how they're supposed to look. These gauges are grouped together in the dashboard. The progress-style gauge on the right has the same thresholds as the one the left (green, yellow, orange, red, every 25%).

Gauges as seen while editing dashboard, showing correct values

Below is how these same gauges appear in the dashboard after it's saved and accessed directly. Even though the correct number is being shown, the visual reference is incorrect. The meter-style gauge always defaults to 0, while the progress-style gauge defaults to 50% while showing an incorrect threshold color. Unlike when they were ungrouped, no amount of refreshing the dashboard will correct the data shown on these gauges.

Gauges as seen directly in the saved dashboard, showing incorrect values

Is this a bug? Is someone else able to reproduce this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nick,

We have not seen this behavior with grouped Gauge elements. Can you please contact Esri Tech Support and open an issue with detailed repro steps so we can investigate further?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
RossPerry
New Contributor

Was there a solution found for this? I experience the same issue whenever I incorporate a gauge into a dashboard. It always displays at 50% unless I am in the editing interface.

0 Kudos
NickDierks1

This issue still occurs for me in various situations. I haven't done enough testing on my own to figure out the exact set of circumstances that reproduces it (always grouped or also ungrouped? Specific issues in the data? Related tables? Just a random bug?).

I did notice, however, that if the data source has a refresh interval set, then the gauges will almost always reset to their correct displays at the first interval after the dashboard is loaded. Any manual refresh of the page itself, though, will have a decent chance of reverting the gauges back to incorrect displays again, and you'll again have to wait for the next refresh interval to fix them.

0 Kudos
RossPerry
New Contributor

I discovered that I only experience this issue with Firefox as my browser. If I use Chrome or Internet Explorer the gauges display correctly.

NickDierks1

This makes sense--I use Firefox as my default browser. Somehow it managed to update itself this week (I'd been telling it no for months), so even the most current version is still showing this behaviour.

0 Kudos