Gauge Data source has red triangle with white exclamation point

12-03-2013 05:25 AM
BrandonIves
New Contributor
I am not completely understanding how to build the widgets in dashboard. When I try to add a gauge I can pick my data source and set other properties fine but when I click ok the widget is blank. When I click configure on the gauge the data source has a red triangle/white exclamation point as if the data source is bad.

Could this be because my data source is from a secured (https) url? I can see the data fine in the map and edit successfully.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor
Brandon,

Are you working with a hosted feature service or a service that you've published to your own ArcGIS Server? If it's a hosted feature service, try the following; You'll have to be an administrator to do so.

My Organization > Edit Settings > Security > uncheck the box for "Allow only standard SQL queries."

- Daniel
0 Kudos
BrandonIves
New Contributor
Brandon,

Are you working with a hosted feature service or a service that you've published to your own ArcGIS Server? If it's a hosted feature service, try the following; You'll have to be an administrator to do so.

My Organization > Edit Settings > Security > uncheck the box for "Allow only standard SQL queries."

- Daniel

Hey Daniel,

I am working with a service that I have published to my own ArcGIS Server. Will changing the security setting for standard SQL queries still apply? Thanks,

Brandon
0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor
Hi Brandon,

Changing that setting would only apply if you were working with a hosted feature service, can I ask what version of ArcGIS Server you're using? Is it 10.2?

- Daniel
0 Kudos
BrandonIves
New Contributor
Hi Brandon,

Changing that setting would only apply if you were working with a hosted feature service, can I ask what version of ArcGIS Server you're using? Is it 10.2?

- Daniel

Daniel,

I am using ArcGIS server 10.1.
0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor
Brandon,

What RDBMS are you using? Can you check your ArcGIS Server logs for any errors? Specifically, are you seeing an error about the maximum number of connections to the instance being exceeded for your database?

- Daniel
0 Kudos