Extending Operations Dashboard with JavaScript issues

07-20-2015 04:15 AM
MattJones
New Contributor III

I am looking into extending Operations Dashboard with JavaScript widgets. I have set up Operations Dashboard for dev mode and downloaded the sample widgets. When I load one of these widgets into Operations Dashboard, nothing displays - when I try and load the widget in the debug window, it is also blank. However, if I save the Operation View in this state and then open it it in a browser, the JavaScript widgets display and function as expected. Has anyone else come across this issue? Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MattJones
New Contributor III

Any thoughts? A colleague has also tried on their Windows 8.1 machine and is experiencing the same issue.

DavidBayer
Esri Contributor

Matt,

I have had a similar problem, getting the DevMode working....

I found in the directory containing the OperationsDashboard.exe, a file called Coherent_UI.log.  It listed a number of errors, including an error 'Unable to create client texture from shared handle'.  Googling this, found:

https://forums.coherent-labs.com/index.php?topic=740.0

After changing my Nvidia Graphics settings, I was able to get the Debug console appearing.

Hope this helps.

Dave

My environment, is a Dell Laptop, running Windows 8.1, with an Intel and NVidia Graphics card

0 Kudos
MattJones
New Contributor III

Thanks Dave.

I also have a Dell machine with Intel and nvidia graphics capabilities. Only difference is I am running Windows 7. Digging into the logs you referenced, it looks like my problem is also a graphics related issue. I made sure that both Coherent UI and Operations Dashboard are using my nvidia card but get the below error in the logs:

6020 08:37:39.206671 E | Accessing inactive internal renderer

6020 08:37:39.206671 E | GPU Process has different deviceId

Switching both to use my Intel card results in only the 'Accessing inactive internal renderer' error.

So basically I am still not able to get it working.

Matt

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Matt-

What is your graphics card and what is the listed version of it?  I could reproduce your issue and just fixed my NVIDIA quadro card.

Thanks,

Chris

MattJones
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

This was fixed by updating my graphics card to the latest drivers.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos