Error Installing Operations Dashboard Desktop

12-10-2019 06:08 AM
GregLightcap
New Contributor

I am trying to install the Operations Dashboard desktop application and I am receiving this error message during the installation: "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."

I have ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 installed and I also use ArcGIS online. I already have .NET framework 4.5 (or greater) installed on my machine. I currently us the online version of Operations Dashboard but I need the increased functionality of the desktop version. I am very new to ArcGIS so I may just be doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CameronMcCormick
Occasional Contributor

We ran into this issue a few months ago.  Eventually, it was resolved by downloading the file and installing as an admin on the machine.  That being said, ESRI stopped supporting Operational Views in ArcGIS Online beginning yesterday, so if you have any there, they will no longer function.

Our workaround was to host an older version of ArcGIS Portal and run the legacy Dashboard app off of that.  That involves signing the application and doing some funny handstands while the sun in the correct position but eventually it worked.

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Greg,

As Cameron indicated in his post, the desktop based Operations Dashboard app and operation views are no longer supported, nor being promoted by esri. I don't recommend that you use it for your work.

Operations Dashboard v10.3.4 is Retiring! 

> ... I need the increased functionality of the desktop version

Can you please describe the functionality that you need (and that you've suggested is missing in the online version of Operations Dashboard)? FYI, you can post enhancement requests on the ArcGIS Ideas forum for Operations Dashboard.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos