Enterprise 11.1 Dashboard Download Data from Hosted Feature Layer

05-16-2023 01:09 PM
Labels (1)
SeanT
by
New Contributor III

My company recently upgraded to 11.1. I have been patiently waiting for 11.1 to enable the Download Data option in a Dashboard, but I do not see the option on the General tab of an element using a Hosted Feature Layer.

This page says "Source data download is only available for elements that have an ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer with the export data setting enabled as their data source." I cannot find anything else to help me determine another method for using this 'new' feature.

Is that my issue, I cannot use this enhancement without publishing the layer in ArcGIS Online? 

Seems like a waste of a capability for Enterprise if so, so please tell me I am doing something wrong!

6 Replies
SteveF
by
New Contributor III

We've been waiting patiently as while, I hope it is not the case.  We are doing our upgrade tonight, I'll report back if its working or not for us.

SeanT
by
New Contributor III

I would appreciate the input, Steve! I haven't taken the time to test it by publishing a layer to agol and adding it to my enterprise/portal dashboard to see if it works as advertised per the page I linked... but that is not really an acceptable solution for me, as I would imagine is the case for most folks working in Portal.

0 Kudos
SeanT
by
New Contributor III

Today I noticed that some elements in my dashboard do have the summarized data download option available, but they are a pie chart and bar chart, which only show counts and percentages. But I really need the lists that can be filtered as available for download. 

I cannot see what the difference is between the pie chart and a list, since they both have the same hosted feature layer as the source.

If someone reads this and has any input, I would love to hear it.

BryanGillis1
New Contributor II

No download feature for attribute tables in 11.1. The 'new' feature is as you described, limited to summarized data only. I've just read threads going as far back as 2020 looking for this feature. I guess we will keep waiting for a simple download option in Enterprise Dashboards...

0 Kudos
SeanT
by
New Contributor III

Typical... thanks for the validation that it isn't just me!

0 Kudos
SteveF
by
New Contributor III

Yeah, its disappointing for sure.

0 Kudos