Enabling a Data Source in the Map Settings Dialog crashes Dashboard

02-19-2013 10:10 AM
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor
Hi:

I have a Operation View which I open in the Dashboard. When I try to enable a Data Source the app crashes when I hit the OK button. This worked last week but not this week. We have tested on multip;le machines and are able to repro.

Here is the item for testing:

http://arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=8054eeb7da534eaabaa8dd9ac606713f

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt English
Esri Canada
0 Kudos
9 Replies
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor
Further testing shows that the app crashes if the underlying hosted feature service has Editing capabilities set to:
"Update feature attributes only"

If I change Editing to "Add, update, and delete features " it doesn't crash.

Matt
0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Matt,

I ran your test Dashboard.  It seems that a data source is missing....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21982[/ATTACH]

If you can fix that, I can try again.

--Adam
0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor
Fixed. Try again.
Matt
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Hi Matt,

I tried on this one too, and got the same invalid layers popup.  When I tried to look at the layer by itself, it throw an error (screenshot). 
Is that layer also shared with the public so that we can view it, or is it just in the organization.  Also- is it an internal layer, or using a public IP?

Thanks,
Chris
0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor
I shared the web map with Everyone. You should now be good to go.

matt
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
This was the view that I have when opened.  When I started editing, I could add the data sources and didn't get a crash...
0 Kudos
MapEnglish
Occasional Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22145[/ATTACH]

when i enable the datasource and click the OK button (see attached) i get the crash.
0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Maybe because I'm not the author of it, I don't have those controls.  Here's what I see when I click on settings for the map window:
0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
Maybe because I'm not the author of it, I don't have those controls. Here's what I see when I click on settings for the map window:

Chris,

You need to use the map widget's settings, not the map tool configuration.  When in "Edit Operation View", it is the little gear symbol at the top far right of the map frame.  I will post a picture of it, circled.

Matt,

I get the same crash that you do when hitting the OK button after enabling the data source.

--Adam

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22166[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos