Editing Data in Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
08-14-2014 06:35 AM
JordanRogers
New Contributor III

I was just wondering if there has been any consideration given to adding an option to allow the ability to edit data within Operations Dashboard?  Or, if anyone knows of a possible add-in that would allow this?

I am looking at setting up an Operations Dashboard for a Supervisor to monitor field edits from Collector.  Ideally, I would like to give the Supervisor the ability to edit some of the attributes in Operations Dashboard rather than using it to monitor and opening a separate web map to edit. 

For example: if something is flagged as 'Needs Attention', the Supervisor would have the ability to assign a 'Work Order ID' and later change the attribute to 'Resolved'.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jordan,

We did some customization to support this Edit workflow. Please checkout the "view/edit attributes" widget: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=738a7bd13ff74d8595a945b3246a1a3c

In the Edit Operation View mode, Choose menu Widget --> Manage Add-ins in. Add the "view/edit attributes" widget item to your Operation View.

More info about custom widgets: Custom add-ins—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Let me know if that works,

-Marco

View solution in original post

16 Replies
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jordan,

We did some customization to support this Edit workflow. Please checkout the "view/edit attributes" widget: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=738a7bd13ff74d8595a945b3246a1a3c

In the Edit Operation View mode, Choose menu Widget --> Manage Add-ins in. Add the "view/edit attributes" widget item to your Operation View.

More info about custom widgets: Custom add-ins—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

Let me know if that works,

-Marco

JordanRogers
New Contributor III

Hey Marco,

Thanks very much for the reply.  This sounds great, however I see that this add-in has now been decommissioned.  Is there newer version that I can download?

0 Kudos
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your reply. Please checkout the official View/modify attributes item: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=0df06e8b8bb04e0395d5e3ccce9a2a14

Maybe also interesting for you, we have in total 4 widgets available: http://www.arcgis.com/home/search.html?q=owner:Esri_NL_Tools‌:

• View/modify attributes
  • Filter
  • Summary group by
  • Extract data

Let me know if that's OK with you

-Marco

JosieBock1
New Contributor III

Are there plans for this widget (view/edit attributes) to be supported in the browser version?

0 Kudos
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Josie,

Unfortunately, there is no Software Development Kit available for the browser html5 browser environment. In this case, we cannot develop this widget for that app.

-Marco

0 Kudos
AntonioCotroneo
New Contributor II

Marco,

The links you provided do not allow the user to open the add-in. Will these add-ins be available soon?

-Antonio

0 Kudos
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your interest in the ‘View/edit attributes’ custom widget.

Actually, the hyperlink opens the add-in item in ArcGIS Online. However, to make this widget available for use, add it as an Add-in in to your Operation Dashboard application.

At first, start the Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Windows application. After that open the operation view in which you want to add this specific widget. Then put the dashboard application in de Edit Operation View mode. Lastly choose Manage Add-ins in menu Widget and search for the ‘view/edit attributes’ item. For more clarification, I have added an overview of this in the attached image.

Just as a reference, you could find more information about custom widgets: Custom add-ins—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS. Just as a note Custom add-ins are only available in the Windows application. Nowadays there isn't an software development kit for the  html5 browser version.

Hope this helps.

Marco

Add add-in.png

KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Dear Marco,

is it possible to download the ‘View/edit attributes’ custom widget? I would use it in Portal for ArcGis in our Intranet?

Is this possible?

Thanks a lot,

Karsten

0 Kudos
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Karsten,

In order to use it in your internal environment you will need to obtain the .opdashboardAddin file from Marco, which is a file compiled from the custom widget's source code. With the .opdashboardAddin file you can then upload it to your Portal and share it to your users. Please note that you need to be a publisher or an admin to add the opdashboardAddin item.

Thanks,

Tif