Dynamic Symbology in Dashboard Time Slider

2 weeks ago
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a dashboard with time aware and a timeline widget configured.  I want to try and implement dynamic symbology in the Dashboard map based on the date ranges associated with the project status:

• Project Start and End Date (overall)

• Planning Start and End Date

• Design Start and End Date

• Construction Start and End Date

The layers and map should be time-aware, so as the user selects a date, compare the selected date against the status date ranges via Arcade and symbolize accordingly. Ideally, as the selected date changes, the symbology should automatically update along with it.

We will likely need a default symbol for “Project not started” if the selected date is prior to any of the date ranges. Similarly, a symbol for “Project Complete” would be applied when the selected date falls after the date ranges.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm afraid you won't have much luck in this. The symbology Arcade profile can't access attributes outside of a single feature, so basing the symbology on something like the "selected date" in a dashboard won't be possible.

You can have the symbology be based on things like Now() or the feature's date attributes, but it isn't going to change as the dashboard is interacted with.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos