Select to view content in your preferred language

Downloading Data from Dashboard

03-31-2023 07:29 AM
margnotis
New Contributor

My organization is creating a dashboard and we want the end user to be able to download that week's attribute table, but they need a sign in. Most importantly; can a user with a "Viewer" license in ArcGIS Online download the .csv table or do they need an editor or higher? I have looked all over for a simple answer, but Esri has not been forthcoming. It is not off the table to get "Viewer" accounts for the two employees who need to access the data. Anything is appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When I test downloading data, it does not create an Item in my Content. It doesn't even submit a request to the server! I don't see where it would check for user type, and since you don't run into ownership constraints, I would think any user could use this feature. It's not something we're actively using yet, though, so I don't know for certain.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Users with a "Viewer" role in ArcGIS Online can download data from feature layers if the feature layer owner has enabled data export. However, if the feature layer owner has not enabled data export, the "Viewer" role cannot download the data. Therefore, if the attribute table is in a feature layer and the owner has enabled data export, the "Viewer" role should be able to download the CSV table.

Thanks,

Omar

Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

In addition, organization's administrator, can perform the workflows detailed in this documentation to member’s user type, with insufficient privileges.

0 Kudos