Displaying Attachments in beside Map

07-21-2023 03:15 AM
MBreiten
New Contributor II

Hello

I'm creating a dashboard that gives users an overview over a point layer. The point layer has attached pictures, and I would like to display these beside the map in a list or grid shape the users could scroll through, with the selection of pictures limited to those points displayed in the map widget.

Basically, I'm trying to recreate the funcitonallity of the "Attachment Viewer" Instant App, specifically when it's set to "Map focused". The Attachment Viewer App is pretty handy, but since I also want to implement other funcitonalities like charts, I'm going with a Dashboard.

It seems like the "Details" widget would generally be best suited to work with attachments, but I can't get it to display multiple attachments at once.

Is there a way to achieve this? I'm pretty new to Dashboards, so any hints are much appreicated!

3 Replies
ChrisH2
New Contributor III

did you have any luck with this approach @MBreiten I'm thinking of the same thing given a few limitations that I've found with the Attachments Viewer app

0 Kudos
MBreiten
New Contributor II

Hello @ChrisH2 

No, unfortunately not. I play around with the different options for quite a while but didn't manage to get this feature working. I can't definetly say if it's possible or not, just that it might be too tricky for me to find out on my own if it is.

Good luck with your project!

0 Kudos
ChrisH2
New Contributor III

thanks for your reply @MBreiten  Looks like I'll have to find some spare time and do some R&D. Using dashboards for this scenario has some other advantages for us, so I think I'll block out some time in the future and see where this could go.

0 Kudos