Select to view content in your preferred language

Data Suppression in serial charts?

04-05-2024 01:32 PM
Labels (1)
ReedSherrill
New Contributor

Does anyone have any advice on how to best represent suppressed data in serial charts?  I am building a dashboard app in the AGOL environment and while I have had success with data suppression using elements/widgets that support Arcade, I haven't been able to find a good solution for serial charts.

I've imported the data as numeric with suppressed values as -1, as I am not permitted to upload these values at all-- even if they're hidden.  I was hoping serial charts would allow the creation of a custom label/alias that would read "<5" for these values, but I haven't been able to find that option if it exists.  I'm also currently using a line graph because this is trend data-- but the best I've been able to do is make zero the minimum y-axis value so that the line doesn't dip below the axis.  This works, but it leads to discontinuous lines as shown below.

ReedSherrill_0-1712347779040.png

I'm ok with converting this to a bar chart to avoid the disjointed look, but I still need a label solution to indicate that 'empty' parts of the chart are suppressed values, as opposed to zeroes (which will be labeled as such).

Does anyone have any recommendations for this?  I have already taken advantage of the elements that do support Arcade, but charts are necessary for my use case.  I have already tried building this in experience builder, but ran into other problems that couldn't make it through my office's internal review process.  This is my last stop before building it out in Tableau.

0 Kudos
0 Replies