Data Not Showing Properly After "Actions"

778
3
Jump to solution
06-11-2019 03:59 PM
KevinNewbury
New Contributor II

I have a dashboard that I built from a webmap that consumes a map service hosted on our local enterprise server with >2000 points with more added every week.  The dashboard includes a category selector and several pie charts which are all set to be able to filter the data. Here is the problem:

When I first access the dashboard everything displays properly, and when I click a wedge of any pie chart it filters properly.  BUT, when I click that wedge again to remove the filter, the data comes back broken: some data is visible but not all of it.  Then any subsequent filters continue to display incorrect data.  Then if I full refresh (ctrl + f5) everything starts over with the data displaying correctly until any filter is applied.  

This dashboard worked fine until recently, exact date when it began malfunctioning is unknown as the dashboard isn't viewed every day, only when management needs it to harvest numbers and statistics for meetings.  

I feel like this may be a bug, but I'm not sure.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinNewbury
New Contributor II

Never did figure out the cause of this error, but publishing the service to AGOL cloud instead of our local server displays the service correctly.  The map service is created through an FME process so our best guess is an error in the workbench corrupted the service to not display.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KevinNewbury
New Contributor II

Things I have tried in testing:

  • Republished the map service from its source .mxd
  • Built a new webmap from scratch to use in the dashboard
  • New dashboard altogether

More background, the map service is set to return 25,000 records, so it's not at the default 1,000.  This dashboard was built in versions every time we changed something major, so I tried an older version which used to work and it exhibited the same behavior.  On my new from-scratch testing dashboard, I added a single pie chart and set its actions to affect the map and the behavior existed on that very first setup.  I have a similar dashboard, from other data but built exactly the same, which has ~23,000 records and functions properly without this issue.

The only common thread here is that the original source data is the same and that it is failing on dashboard actions.

I am at a loss here, hopefully someone can help.

0 Kudos
Leighton0
New Contributor III

Kevin,

Two things to look at:

  • If the Dashboard is taking a long time to load you may need to increase your pooling (maximum time a client can use a service)
  • look at your data in ArcMap and if any of it is falling way out of where you'd expect it (Atlantic or Pacific Oceans, etc) delete\correct that data

These are probably long shots.

Good luck,

Leighton

0 Kudos
KevinNewbury
New Contributor II

Never did figure out the cause of this error, but publishing the service to AGOL cloud instead of our local server displays the service correctly.  The map service is created through an FME process so our best guess is an error in the workbench corrupted the service to not display.  

0 Kudos