Dashboards: Render only when filtered action - No selection label

Jump to solution
06-30-2021 02:55 PM
Vince_ERAC
New Contributor III

I have a large List Widget in my dashboard with a bunch of filter actions pointing at Detail Widgets. These filters all use the 'render only when filtered' option. The details panels all have the 'No selection label' set to 'Please make a selection from the list' - this makes it clear to users that to view any of the information they have to first select a record from the list to filter down the details. With the latest Dashboards update in the ArcGIS Online June update (June 30th) this text no longer appears (previously it did), there is simply a 'spinner/loading' icon. When a record is selected from the list and then unselected, the expected text then shows up on the details panels. Was this change intended to be made? The users now believe there is some type of loading issue rather than having the 'no selection label' displaying and providing instruction.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

This bug has been reported and the team is looking into the issue and will update when the fix is available. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

This bug has been reported and the team is looking into the issue and will update when the fix is available. 

0 Kudos
jeffpires_WHO
New Contributor II

Thanks for posting this @Vince_ERAC, introduction of this new bug on 30 June was a surprise for me as well:
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/2e328f146c34408d808bba6ea6d18331

Lots of user complaints about the dashboard suddenly being broken or not fully loading.  Unfortunate timing as we are actively promoting this app while the tournament is now in the final phases. Hope that a fix becomes available quickly, or we would certainly welcome any workaround ideas for an alternate configuration of existing panels/tools to provide the same functionality that 'render only when filtered' used to provide..

0 Kudos
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

Happy to report that a fix for this issue was installed last night. 

jeffpires_WHO
New Contributor II

@SandraLuken1 Thanks to you and the team for the quick fix!  We've confirmed from multiple users and browsers that this bug has been resolved.  Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
KinleyWinchester
New Contributor III

I would like to say THANKS as well.  Great job in fixing the initial load issue!

0 Kudos