Dashboard occasionally 'flashes' nonstop in 10.7

06-20-2019 01:20 PM
KeithGendreau
New Contributor

Hello,

We are running 10.7 on prem and have an operations dashboard that is embedded within an iFrame on an internal portal that flashes violently on the screen VERY sporadically.  It is not isolated to one user, rather all experience the issue on different workstations.  It occurs randomly and I'd ballpark the frequency at 1-2 times per week when the dashboard is left alone in the browser for about 10 mins, and the user returns to interact with it.  Just the operations dashboard flashes (other content on the page remains static/solid) black and white with lines thru the middle.

I know you think I'm crazy but I have no clue what is causing this.  The same dashboard functioned fine in 10.6, however post-upgrade, this issue surfaced.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you,

Keith

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

> We are running 10.7 on prem and have an operations dashboard that is embedded within an iFrame on an internal portal that flashes violently on the screen VERY sporadically.  It is not isolated to one user, rather all experience the issue on different workstations.  It occurs randomly and I'd ballpark the frequency at 1-2 times per week when the dashboard is left alone in the browser for about 10 mins, and the user returns to interact with it. 

We haven't heard, nor observed this behavior from other customers.

Does this occur for a specific web browser like IE or Edge, or all web browsers? Are your web browsers updated to the latest release? Does the Dashboard have an Embedded Content element that is linking to a web page/resource that might have some odd behavior?

> The same dashboard functioned fine in 10.6, however post-upgrade, this issue surfaced.

Did anything change when you upgraded to Portal 10.7, for example data sources for the web map powering the Dashboard?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
KevinChristy1
Occasional Contributor

Keith,

I have encountered this behavior as well after upgrading from 10.6.1 to 10.7.1.

However, mine only (and always) occurs when I set the sharing permission to "Everyone". If I set it to "Organization", my dashboard is fine.

Kevin

0 Kudos