Dashboard list expression - Fields not available "Invalid property identifier"

Jump to solution
03-23-2024 05:33 PM
Labels (1)
David_Tipping
New Contributor III

Hi - In dashboard I am trying to build a list expression to display bathing water quality. The data is from an AGOL Feature Layer (hosted view) and is in a related table showing latest records only. 

The table has many fields containing tidal information, beach usage as well as analysis values for Escherichia Coli and Intestinal Enterococci which are added when the lab analysis is complete. These 2 fields are small integer fields and would typically have values between 3 and maybe 250.

My currently working list shows the symbology, Beach name, sample date and time as well as the actual values for Escherichia Coli and Intestinal Enterococci - as shown. 

David_Tipping_0-1711237987916.png

I want to add an Arcade expression that uses the same coli values to create a "Bathing water condition" like I have created for the symbology that equate to Excellent ***, Good** or Poor (no stars). When I come to use the fields already displaying coli values above, they are just not available in the selection list in Advanced Formatting and if I manually enter them, I get an "Invalid property identifier" error as shown below:

David_Tipping_1-1711239477205.png

So they work for simple lists but not available in Arcade for advanced formatting. 

Does anyone have ideas why this is so?

Thanks

David Tipping 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't see why those fields would be giving you trouble, but sometimes dot notation doesn't work. I prefer using brackets to access field values.

Try $datapoint['EscherichiaColi'], does that behave any differently?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

David_Tipping
New Contributor III

Bingo - It works

David_Tipping_0-1711645331800.png

Thank you so much for you help - star 👍

Will communicate with the other post

Many thanks

David Tipping

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't see why those fields would be giving you trouble, but sometimes dot notation doesn't work. I prefer using brackets to access field values.

Try $datapoint['EscherichiaColi'], does that behave any differently?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
David_Tipping
New Contributor III

Bingo - It works

David_Tipping_0-1711645331800.png

Thank you so much for you help - star 👍

Will communicate with the other post

Many thanks

David Tipping

0 Kudos
David_Tipping