Dashboard Indicator with dynamic text?

10-27-2021 09:14 AM
LM16
by
New Contributor

I'm working on a dashboard that contains two map views with linked extents and a category selector for each map so that when a year is selected only that year's data display in the corresponding map. I would like to be able to use the selection made in the category selector as dynamic text for an indicator, so that if the year 1999 is selected for Map 1, the indicator shows that year next to the value. Right now it's just displaying "Map 1: {value}" and "Map 2: {reference}". Can this be done in the advanced formatting options using Arcade? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Michelle_Baragona
New Contributor III

Have you figured this out? I think I'm trying to do the same thing that you were within my indicator in my dashboard. My use case is as such:

When selected a county from a list of counties, the indicator filters the sum of the acres of the parcels in question for that county. I want it to read "[# of acres] within [SELECTED COUNTY]". I can obviously get the number of acres very easily, but is there a way for the [SELECTED COUNTY] text to change dynamically based on the filter?

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

You can use Formatted Lists as described in the blog posts linked above and filter the content to show only for the selected country and link it with an Indicator.

0 Kudos