Select to view content in your preferred language

Dashboard Help

02-20-2024 07:54 AM
Labels (1)
AdenBetman
New Contributor II

Hello everyone, I'm looking to build a dashboard for my department. It is made up of crime data and the crimes are broken down into their respective categories (thefts, robbery, assault, vandalism, etc). This type of crime has been implemented since the start of the collection of this data. I recently wanted to break it down further and put these crimes into two areas; property or violent. Within my data source, an Excel file I have a function that separates the crimes into these categories. This field is fairly new so it is not currently in ArcGIS online and that's where I am running into trouble. When updating my data daily online I use the "add features" option and the new field "property or violent" does not show up within the matching fields section. I am afraid to use the other options without knowing what it might do to the data that is already there. If anyone knows the solution that would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

You won't be able to add those field values because they don't currently exist in the Hosted Feature Layer schema of your data in AGOL.  I'd just go to the Data tab -> Fields, then add those Fields to the layer in AGOL - making sure you match the data type/length etc.  After that when you add data those fields will show.

0 Kudos
AdenBetman
New Contributor II

David,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to add the field within the data section successfully. When choosing update data which option do you think I should choose? I currently choose "update and add" features with the update to geometry and attribute but the wheel just keeps spinning and spinning. I don't believe the continuous loading screen is something you can fix but maybe you have some advice?

0 Kudos