Select to view content in your preferred language

Dashboard data "download failed"

06-13-2024 02:11 PM
Labels (1)
MollyCasey
New Contributor III

Hi, When I click the "download data" button in my dashboard, it flashes the green bar that says "download started" but then nothing happens. I have a similar dashboard and I tried it to make sure it isn't something with my browser and the download goes where it should. Does anyone know why the download button would be there but the download won't go through? I've made sure the permissions are public and export data is enabled on the feature layer. Thankyou!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dwold
by
Occasional Contributor III

@MollyCasey I am running into the same issue. An odd occurrence happens in my dashboard is that the download feature works with widgets using data expressions but not on the source data itself. The download fails when in both an indicator and list widget. Like you, I ensured the data is public and export data is enabled on the feature layer. I have submitted a help ticket to Esri. I will reply to this thread if my issue gets resolved.

rbd
by
New Contributor II

@MollyCasey  @dwold I also am having this same issue, but for just one of the hosted feature layers of the many represented in my dashboard. For all other layers, the download works and reflects the filter of the selectors and indicators. For one particular hosted feature layer it does not work, and I get a download failed message. The hosted layer "export to other formats" is enabled, and it's configured like all of the layers that do work. Just adding to this thread, since there is no resolution, contrary to the "Solved" message at the top of the thread. I'm very interested to hear the real resolution.

MollyCasey
New Contributor III

I never found a solution for this so please keep me updated if you find something. 

0 Kudos
rbd
by
New Contributor II

@MollyCasey I definitely will!

0 Kudos
rbd
by
New Contributor II

@dwold perhaps your issue is resolved? There was a known bug with the downloads in the past month but it has apparently been fixed. @MollyCasey your issue pre-dates this, and my download issue is only for a single hosted feature layer out of many (on which the downloads actually work). I have figured out that the issue is not purely with spatial data selection; my download doesn't work based on attribute selection either. Still looking into this to see what the issue with that particular hosted feature layer is. 

0 Kudos
dwold
by
Occasional Contributor III

@rbd Yes, mine was due to the Esri-wide feature service disruption you mentioned. My download feature is working, although there is still a significant lag in download time. My hosted feature service has 145 records, so it isn't a size issue for the download speed.