Dashboard data can only be downloaded by users who are signed in to an ArcGIS account

10-28-2021 11:06 AM
Labels (2)
KylCenterforWaterPolicy
New Contributor

"When data download is enabled, data can only be downloaded by users who are signed in to an ArcGIS account. For dashboards shared to the public that include elements with data download enabled, anonymous users do not see the download button on the element." -- https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/create-and-share/download-data.htm

Why? Am I missing something else? Any workarounds?

I was excited to discover the data download capability, but this caveat limits the benefit in my mind. A public-facing dashboard should allow any user to download. Open, accessible data is the goal. It is not intuitive to have to sign in or create an account. 

1 Reply
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

I would assume a toggle between allowing anonymous user download and login controlled download would be best, that way data owners could have more control and be able to both provide and protect the data in its different states or purposes. @KylCenterforWaterPolicy , you bring up a great point I hadn't thought of yet and I am eager to see where this goes.

God bless,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos