Custom configuration to Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
04-12-2019 06:56 AM
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have run into a limitation with the category selector in operations dashboard, which is also described in this post: https://community.esri.com/ideas/15955-more-query-operators-for-the-category-selector-in-arcgis-onli... 

Is it possible to customize the dashboard with WAB Developer Edition to manually fix this limitation? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks for any insight. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katherine,

> Is it possible to customize the dashboard with WAB Developer Edition to manually fix this limitation? If so, how would I go about doing that?

No, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS is a different and completely separate product from Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. The widget framework for Web AppBuilder does not apply to Operations Dashboard (which is not extensible). Sorry.

We are striving to continually improve Operations Dashboard and we'll consider your feedback on the category selector.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Katherine,

> Is it possible to customize the dashboard with WAB Developer Edition to manually fix this limitation? If so, how would I go about doing that?

No, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS is a different and completely separate product from Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS. The widget framework for Web AppBuilder does not apply to Operations Dashboard (which is not extensible). Sorry.

We are striving to continually improve Operations Dashboard and we'll consider your feedback on the category selector.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for clarifying, Derek. So there is no way to customize the dashboard beyond the WYSIWYG interface?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Katherine,

> So there is no way to customize the dashboard beyond the WYSIWYG interface?

Correct. Please let us know if you have feedback/enhancement requests via the ArcGIS Ideas site.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok. Again, thanks for clarifying and for your quick response! 

I look forward to whatever functionality enhancements will be implemented in future updates.

Best,

Katherine

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos